In Harmless mode almost all danger is removed from the game. The animals will not attack unprovoked. Falls are less deadly. Health regeneration is very quick. Digging is 25% faster. It is a good way to learn the operation of the game without much risk.
- You have to work to get blocks, and craft items, etc.
- Mine blocks more quickly than in Cruel, Adventure, and Challenging.
- Being on fire, freezing, etc. can still affect players health but you do not die from freezing.
- Animals are only provoked when hurt. They do not attack for no reason.
- Sleep is still necessary every 2 days.
- Tools and Weapons eventually wear down and eventually break.
- No animal spawn eggs aside from birds are avaliable.
- You do not use up stamina.
- See World Options to learn how to change the game mode.
- It is the recommended gamemode for new players as it is the easiest survival style mode.
- You are unable to edit world options other than your texture pack and skin while the world is set to harmless mode.